18 February 2009

Homesick

These past couple of days I have been feeling extra homesick. I’m not exactly sure why - maybe it’s because it’s a little past the halfway point in the program – or it could be that I am starting to get annoyed with the small things that are different here. Either way, I miss home a lot.

But I am also very happy here. I continue to learn new things all the time and enjoy my time talking to Sayto and meeting new people. Sometimes Sayto can even be the cure to my homesickness. For example, last night I was walking back to my house from school and was thinking about home and all the people I miss and started getting really sad. But once I got back, I was instantly in a better mood. I walked in the door and Sayto and the neighbor were talking and greeted me so nicely and wanted to talk about our days. Sayto’s nephew was there and he was very nice too. The cat, chiquitita, was excited to see me. It was all good and I felt much better.

It still amazes me how much my emotions can change in such short amounts of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment