18 February 2009

Valentines Weekend in Toledo!



As I wrote before, this past weekend, I had the option to either stay the weekend in Toledo or travel to Cordoba with some friends. I ended up deciding to stay the weekend in Toledo to save some money and fully experience the city. I could not have asked for a better weekend! The weather was the most beautiful I have seen Toledo and I got to relax and catch up on some things.

A friend that I met in Valencia while traveling came to visit this weekend so it was fun to be able to show her around. I got to experience Toledo as a tourist, which I hadn’t done. I saw all the important sites in the city, and even took a tacky tourist train to see views of the entire city. Check out the photos!

It was also Valentines Day this past weekend, which made the city much more crowded. I think Toledo is a fairly romantic city so there were a lot more tourists this particular weekend compared to others. This was great for people watching but not so great when the people you are watching start making out in the streets. PDA is very common here, but the PDA on Valentines Day was almost unbearable. This was especially bad for those of us who have boyfriends at home. It was very frustrating to watch the couples. But other than the obnoxious PDA, the weekend was perfect. I am glad I made the choice to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment