07 January 2009

CK = Confused Kate

HOLA! So it is day 3 in Toledo and I am finally starting to understand some more things. The first days were pretty rough - I cannot understand my host mom very well because she speaks with an accent and mumbles a lot...but I just smile and nod and pretend I know what she is talking about. It is usually very awkward to talk to her, but we are both making an effort.

We live in a small 2 bedroom apartment that has one living room and one bathroom and a kitchen. The apartment is a little odd because there is no furniture in it...the living room is the first room that you walk into and it is the largest area but it only has a small table and two chairs and a bookcase. The walls are all white and have very few decorations on them - there is a poster of a cat licking a dog that I think has some kind of Bible passage written on it. She prays and blesses her food before every meal, but doesn't seem to mind that I do not bless my food. There is large window in this room which lets in a lot of light and has a good view of a clock tower.

My bedroom is pretty basic - just a twin bed (which is way too short for me), a closet and a desk. It is small, but ok.

Yesterday, we spent the day walking around the city - got a little lost but found our way back. The city is so beautiful - I feel like I'm walking around a movie set. Pictures to come soon on facebook - there are a lot!

We had orientation today and I am even more confused, but it seems like everyone else is too. My classes will be hard, but I think it will be for the best.

Ok, I have limited time with the internet so I will write again tomorrow! I hope you all are doing well...miss everyone! BESOS

No comments:

Post a Comment