08 January 2009

CLASES!!!

Hola! Today was our first real day of class, but I only had one - Spanish fiction and literature. It seems very interesting and a lot of what we are learning I have done already. I am starting to get more comfortable in the city, but the streets are still very confusing! It seriously makes no sense when walking around. I bought a phone yesterday which made me feel a lot better at least now if I get lost I can call someone!

Tomorrow we have the day off so I think I am going to explore the city some more and around my house. My host mom is starting to warm up to me and we are starting to get into a routine. I feel a lot better about everything.

There are a lot of things here that are very similar to the U.S. but there are also a lot of different things.

SAME
-Music - Most of the music I have heard here is from the U.S. - like the Fray, James Blunt, Sheryl Crow, Beyonce, etc.
-Some stores - There is a McDonald's in the main plaza...a little controversial, but helpful for their free wi-fi

DIFFERENT
-Smoking courtesy - Everyone smokes everywhere and doesn't care if you don't smoke. Everything I have smells like smoke.
-The streets - There are very small and most of them are brick. If you don't get up to the side of the walls when there are cars coming, they will hit you and they won't feel bad about it according to Adrienne's host dad.
-The cars - are all small and people drive very crazy

So there is a start to the list - more to come soon. Tomorrow should be an adventure. Wish me luck!

Love and miss everyone! Keep me updated on your lives :)

BESOS

No comments:

Post a Comment